1878, 29 January: Estate of Mount Heaton purchased and presented by Count Arthur Moore of Mooresfor.
21 March: Monastery founded. D. Athanasius Donovan appointed prior.
1879, 22 May: Foundation-stone of church laid.
1881, 18 September: Dedication of the church.
1884, 9 August: Consecration of the church.
1885, December: Papal Brief raising monastery to an abbey, with all the privileges of Cistercian abbeys. Brief expedited 1886.
1886, April: Dom Stanislaus White is elected first abbot, but the Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith refuses to allow him to leave Rome.
20 May: Then Fr Carthago Delaney of Mt Melleray is elected but he refuses to accept.
1887, 30 October: Dom Camillus Beardwood is elected. Blessed by Mgr Persico, Papal Envoy to Ireland, 30 Oct. 1887.
1892, 7 September: The community unanimously decides in favour of the union of the four Cistercian congregations into one Order.
1902: Abbot Carthage of Mt Melleray and Dr. McRedmond, bishop of Killaloe send full approval of new college opened here, 21 & 24 Jan., 1902.
1952: Roscrea is authorized to study the possibility of a foundation in Australia, first by the Definitory then by the General Chapter of 1953.
1954: Departure of the founders of O.L. of Tarrawarra, in the diocese of Melbourne. The Foundation officially begins on 18 December 1954, with 18 monks.