1892, 10 May: Dom Jean-Marie Choutard accepted a property of 300 acres from Mgr. Tache on the Sale River for the construction of a monastery. Work was immediately begun clearing the site for construction. This property is located at some distance from Winnipeg and St. Norbert. The first monks arrived 8 September. The monastery was blessed 18 October, although still incomplete, which permitted regular life to commence on 6 November.
1897: extensive forest fires near O.L. of the Prairies caused the community much difficulty, unjustly accused of starting the fires.
1903, 5 August: Blessing of the cornerstone of the church and monastery.
1904: Construction continues and the church can be used by the end of the year.
1912, 3 January: the original monastery, by now serving as a guesthouse, is destroyed by fire.
1924: although raised to the rank of priory on 15 February 1901, the first prior is only elected in late1924.
1947, 20 August: Consecration of the monastery church.
1960: 6 priests and 2 brothers are sent from New Melleray to help Prairies.