Latroun

Adresse

Nom Officiel Abbaye de Latroun

40

Pays Israel

Ville Ramleh

Adresse B.P. 753

Code Postal 7210701

Contact

Téléphone [972] (8) 925.51.80

Téléphone 2 [972] (8) 922.00.65

Email Communauté latroun1890@live.fr

Pays perso.wanadoo.fr/augustin.tavardon/

Supérieur(e) Dom René Hascoët, Abbé 2011

Autres Informations

Statut Juridique Abbey

Diocèse Patriarchatus Hierosolymitanus (Patriarcat de Jérusalem)

Région OCSO REI

Fondée/Restaurée 1890

Origine

Founded by Sept Fons, 1890; priory, 1898; abbey, 1937.

Pays

1890: The first monks arrive from Sept-Fons in November and December. By Christmas the community begins to follow the Holy Rule.
1891: The former monastery, as well as its out-buildings, workshops and chapel, are built between 1891 and 1897.
1914: Occupied by the Turks 1914-18. All the furnishings were lost, even doors and windows.
1926: The first stone of the new monastery is laid on the feast of St. Joseph.
1948: Duirng the Israeli-Jordanian war, the monastery suffered materially.
Nov. 21, 1953: The community takes possession of the church and begins to pray the divine office there. With this the construction of the new monastery is complete. Its construction was entirely planned and supervised by Dom Paul Couvreur. Even though he resigned in 1951, he was able to see the completion of his work.
April 22, 1957: Death of Dom Paul Couvreur, Easter Monday. The Gospel reading at Mass was the meeting at Emmaus.
1967: During the Six Day War, Latroun found itself in the thick of the fighting. But, because of the rapidity of the campaign, the monastery was not damaged. Latroun is henceforth located within the state of Israel.

Père Immédiat

Sept-Fons

Ancien(ne)s Supérieur(e)s

Cléophas VIALET — Superior — 14/11/1890 – 11/02/1891
Benoît-Joseph BERNIGAUD — Superior — 12/02/1891 – ?/05/1891
Ignace ? — Superior — ?/05/1891 – 04/05/1892
Emile LORNES — Superior — 05/05/1892 – 18/11/1894 (v.28)
Benoît-Joseph BERNIGAUD (2e) — Superior — 19/11/1894 – 18/11/1897
Stanislas ROUX — Superior — 18/11/1897 – 07/05/1908
Stanislas ROUX — Titular Prior — 07/05/1908 – 18/11/1925
Paul COUVREUR — Titular Prior — 19/11/1925 – 17/11/1937
Paul COUVREUR — Abbot — 17/11/1937 – 15/01/1952
Elie CORBISIER — Abbot — 12/02/1952 – 01/02/1976
Yves DE BROUCKER — Sup. ad nutum — 01/02/1976 – 12/01/1978
Yves DE BROUCKER — Abbot — 12/01/1978 – 10/04/1982
Paul SAOUMA — Sup. ad nutum — 10/04/1982 – 13/01/1985
Paul SAOUMA — Abbot — 13/01/1985 – 30/03/2008

Travail et Sources de Revenus

Vineyard; wines and liqueurs.

Capacité d'Accueil

12 rooms (19 beds)

Pays

Autobus : Jérusalem – Tel Aviv n. 402, 403, 404, 433

Monastères

  • Ampibanjinana

    Madagascar

  • Genesee

    USA

  • Bon Conseil

    Canada