1883: The abbey of O. L. of the Blessed Sacrament at Frattocchie originated with the suppression of the abbey of the Catacombs of St. Callixtus, near Rome. Leo XIII specifically desired Trappists to be the guardians of this famous cemetery from the early centuries of the Church on the Appian Way and called on them to make a foundation there.
1929: Leo XIII’s successors, Pius X and Benedict XV, continued to favor the presence of Trappists at the catacombs until 1928. But in 1929, due to a decision of Pius XI, the community had to find another site, and transferred to Frattocchie. There the community established itself and in 1931 was able to begin construction of the monastery, which would be called O. L. of the Blessed Sacrament.
1944: During the allied invasion, the abbey gave refuge to hundreds of persons.
1949: The regular places were occupied as soon as they were habitable. The church was solemnly blessed May 12, which crowned the most urgent phase of the construction of the new monastery.
1956: Pius XII stopped in front of the monastery gate to receive the homage of the community and gave it an apostolic benediction.
1962, Sept.: John XXIII visited the abbey and received the homage of the capitulants, then meeting in Rome.
1972: sale of the chocolate factory. Since this time the community has developed a vineyard operation.
2009 His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, receiving the Abbot and several brothers, gave evidence of his affection and support for the community.