Mont-des-Cats

Dirección

Nombre Oficial Abbaye Sainte-Marie-du-Mont

11

País France

Ciudad Godewaersvelde

Código Postal F-59270

Contacto

Teléfono [33] (3) 28 43 83 60

Email Comunidad communaute.montdescats@wanadoo.fr

Pais fromagerie.montdescats@wanadoo.fr

Pais www.abbaye-montdescats.com

Superiore/a Dom Marc-André Di Péa, Abbé 2016

Otras Informaciones

Estatuto Jurídico Abbey

Diócesis Archidioecesis Insulensis (Lille)

Región OCSO CNE

(Re)fundado 1826

Orígenes

Founded by N.-D. du Gard in 1826.  Raised to the rank of abbey 1847.

Pais

The abbey of St. Marie-du-Mont, founded by O.L. of Gard, near Amiens, had the abbot of Sept-Fons as Father Immediate because that is where Gard was transferred with its abbot: to the former site of the abbey of O.L. of Saint-Lieu Sept-Fons. It seems that Mont-des-Cats was never canonically raised to the status of priory as it is done today.  Nevertheless, its first superiors all had the title “prior” (1826-1847), only one of whom was regularly elected.  All the others were named by the abbot of Gard (father immediate) and given the authority he deemed appropriate.

The name, originally Our Lady of Mont des Cattes (Montis Cattorum), was changed to St. Marie du Mont in the same decree (Art. 3) by which his Eminence Cardinal Giraud, archbishop of Cambrai, acting under the authority granted to him by Pius IX, raised the monstery to the rank of abbey (29 December 1847).

1898, 20 June: Consecration of the church.  It was later destroyed during an aerial bombardment in 1940.  It was repaired and consecrated 30 August 1950.

1901: Refuge at Watou (Belgium) from 1 May 1901 to October 1934.

1902: Refuge at Feluy (Belgium), 24 November 1901 to late September 1912.

Note.  At both of these refuges there were never more than a few monks of Mont-des-Cats in residence.  The abbey of Mont-des-Cats was continuously occupied by at least a few of its monks with the abbot at their head.

1905: Dom Sebastien Vandermarliere, fifth abbot of Mont-des-Cats, was named father immediate of O.L. of la Fille-Dieu (Switzerland), simply taking charge of an existing monastery.

1958, January: Dom Achille goes to Madagascar with two monks, Fr. Firmin and Fr. Guillaume, with a view to preparing a foundation in the diocese of Fianaranstoa.  The Definitory gives its permission in May, 1958.  More monks leave for Madagascar in October 1958 and January 1959.

Pais

Tilburg (1880); Catacombs/Frattocchie (1884); Watou, Belgium (refuge, 1901-1934); Feluy, Belgium (refuge, 1902-1912); Maromby (1958)

Padre Inmediato

Gard/Sept-Fons until 1972: Tamie thereafter

Pais

Tilburg, Frattochie, Maromby, Belval, Fille-Dieu.

Antiguos(as) Superiores(as)

Marie-Joseph MATTON — Prior — 26/01/1826 – ?/01/1827
Bernard DAL — Prior — — ?/01/1827 – 09/11/1827
François-Marie van LANGENDONCK Prior — 09/11/1827 – ?/ ?/1831
Nil van HOEKE — Prior — — ?/ ?/1831 – ?/01/1835
Désiré de REN — Prior — — ?/01/1835 – ?/ ?/1836
Augustin MOREAU — Prior elect — ?/ ?/1836 – ?/02/1838
Athanase ITSWEIRE — Prior — — ?/01/1839 – 30/06/1847
Dominique LACAES — Abbot — 30/06/1847 – 05/01/1883
Sebastien WYART — Abbot — 30/01/1883 – 15/06/1889 —
Jerome PARENT — Abbot — 15/06/1889 – 22/01/1906
Bernard RICHEBE — Abbot — 16/02/1906 – 01/03/1919
Sebastien VANDERMARLIÈRE — Abbot — 23/04/1919 – 07/09/1940
Achille NIVESSE — Sup. ad nutum — 13/09/1940 – 15/05/1945
Achille NIVESSE — Abbot — 15/05/1945 – 03/12/1962
André LOUF — Abbot — 10/01/1963 –
Guillaume JEDRZEJCZAK — Abbot — 18/12/1997 – 20/08/2009
Dom Jacques Delesalle— Abbot — 2010 – 2016

Trabajo y Fuentes de Ingresos

Cheese factory

Hospedaje

30 rooms (9 double)

Pais

Gare destinataire : Hazebrouck, 16 km. Cars SNCF pour Godewaersvelde

Monasterios

  • Paraiso

    Ecuador

  • Monte Sion

    Spain

  • Sept-Fons

    France