The land and location of the Holy Family was made available by the religious of Phare and on 3 July 1953 a group of founders moved in. On 31 December 1953 there were in total 20 persons.
The monastery was located near an airfield, which developed more and more. Monastic life became no longer possible there and the community had to acquire another site, at Imari, where they constructed a new monastery. They were able to move in in the course of 1966.
The church was consecrated on 6 June by Mgr Fukahori, bishop of Fukuoka, with the participation of the abbot general.
Hildegarde SUZUKI — Superior — 02/07/1953 – 02/09/1954
Hildegarde SUZUKI — Abbess — 02/09/1954 – 1964
Charitas KONISHI — Apostolic administrator — 1964-1965
Charitas KONISHI — Abbess — 30/06/1966 – 08/06/1984
Roberta TAKEMURA — Abbess — 08/06/1984 –- 15/08/2000
Josepha YASHIRO TOMIKO, Sup. ad nutum : 15/08/2001 — 31/07/2003
Work and Sources of Income
Agriculture, but above all jams and jellies