Acey

Adresse

Nom Officiel Abbaye N.-D. d'Acey

28

Pays France

Ville Vitreux

Code Postal F-39350

Contact

Téléphone [33] (3) 84.81.04.11

Fax [33] (3) 84.70.90.97

Email Communauté acmonastere@abbaye-acey.com

Pays achotelier@abbaye-acey.com

Pays accellerier@abbaye-acey.com

Pays acey.eglisejura.com

Supérieur(e) Dom Jean-Marc Thevenet, Abbé 2003

Autres Informations

Statut Juridique Abbey

Diocèse Dioecesis S. Claudii (Saint-Claude)

Région OCSO CNE

Fondée/Restaurée 1873

Origine

Ancient Cistercian abbey, re-established by the Benedictines in 1854 and by Aiguebelle in 1873; raised to the status of priory in 1895; created abbey in 1938.

Pays

1136: Cistercian abbey of Acey is founded by Cherlieu.

1854 Re-established after the French Revolution by Benedictines of Solemnes.  Great difficulties arose.

1860 First attempt at a Cistercian restoration, which lasted only 2 years.

1869 Second attempt to re-establish a community by Dombes, but the Franco-Prussion War thwarted the attempt.

1873 Third and final attempt to re-establish the monastery, by Aiguebelle.

The community endured great hardship for many years, but finally found the means to restore the buildings.  It was decided to send the novices to Aiguebelle to receive their formation.

1937 A Large group of young religious led by Fr. Eugene Court, prior of Aiguebelle, arrived to reinforce the elderly community.

1938 The General Chapter raised the monastery to the rank of abbey.   Fr. Eugene Court was elected abbey and blessed on 18 October.

Père Immédiat

Aiguebelle

Pays

Géronde; Val d’Igny; Delivrance (2003-2004)

Pays

Groupe d’Acey

Ancien(ne)s Supérieur(e)s

Benoît CHAMBON — Superior — ?/ ?/1873 – ?/08/1888
Jean GRANDJACQUOT — Superior — ?/ ?/1888 – ?/ ?/1898 (v.25)
Dominique ROUBY — Prior — 07/08/1901 – ?/04/1903
Emile LORNE — Prior — 01/07/1898 – 10/07/1901 (v.40)
Raymond BREVET — Prior — — ?/ ?/1903 – 09/05/1904
Hermann FINIELS — Prior — 09/05/1904 – 18/02/1921
Paulin FAUCON — Superior — 18/02/1921 – 13/06/1924
Joachim DELAIGUE — Superior — 14/06/1924 – 30/09/1928
Léon ALLOIX — Superior — 30/09/1928 – 19/10/1930
Henri BRUN — Superior — 19/10/1930 – 20/08/1934
Amédée GAILLARD de la ROCHE — Superior — 20/08/1934 – ?/09/1937
Eugène COURT — Superior — 02/10/1937 – 02/10/1938
Eugène COURT — Abbot — 02/10/1938 – 12/12/1946 (v.7)
Paul VUILLEMIN — Abbot — 28/12/1946 – 17/02/1947
Robert PIERRE — Abbot — 17/02/1947 – 31/01/1958 (v.54)
Albéric MACLE — Abbot — 17/02/1958 – 13/10/1967
Benoît S. de la ROBERTIE — Sup. ad nutum — 19/12/1967 – ?/ ?/1970
Nivard BADER — Sup. ad nutum — ?/10/1970 – 09/01/1971
Nivard BADER — Abbot — 09/01/1971 – 12/03/1977
Sébastien DELACOMMUNE — Sup. ad nutum — 02/04/1977 – 11/05/1978
Sébastien DELACOMMUNE — Abbot — 11/05/1978 – 01/02/1984
Hervé BRIAND — Sup. ad nutum — 29/02/1984 – 01/02/1986
Hervé BRIAND — Abbot — 01/02/1986 – 01/03/2002
Georges GUINAND — Sup. ad nutum — 01/03/2002 – 31/07/2003

Travail et Sources de Revenus

Electroplating factory (gold, silver, copper, nickel, tin)

Capacité d'Accueil

15 rooms; 60-bed dormitory + kitchen

Pays

Gare : SNCF: Dole, 30 km ; Orchamps, 14 km.

Monastères

  • Chambarand

    France

  • Miraflores

    Chile

  • Matutum

    Philippines